Netizens are mostly unaware of the extensive data Google gathers about them. Google collects your data whenever you perform an internet search, watch a video on YouTube, or look up a location on Google Maps, and that’s just the beginning.
Google records activities to your Google Account when you have Web & App Activity enabled. In fact, Google keeps tabs on all your devices to provide you with a more individualized experience. Even if you’re not logged into your Google account, it still saves your history on your device.
Thankfully, you can delete search history that has been saved, and once it is deleted, rest assured it cannot be recovered. In this article, we’ll tell you just how to leave a clean slate behind.
How to Delete the Search History From Your Google Account
You can erase a specific action, a preset date range, or all of your Search history altogether. Here’s how you can do that on different platforms
Clear Google Search History From Your Chrome Web Browser on a Computer
If you want to clear Google Search History from your Chrome Web browser on your computer, follow these simple five steps and get it done in under 2 minutes.
- Launch Chrome Web browser on your computer.
- Tap on the three dots appearing on the top-right side of your screen and the click on “History.”
- In the menu that appears, click “History.”
- Click on the “Clear browsing data” icon on the left side of your history. This will institute a new window to appear before you.
- Select “Clear browsing data.”
- A pop-up will appear asking about the period of time you’d like to delete your history. Decide if you want to delete it all time, for the last four weeks, seven days, 24 hours, or for only the last hour.
- Choose the particular time period and hit “Clear data.”
Clear Google History from Your Chrome Web Browser on Android
Here’s how to delete Google history from your Chrome Web browser on an Android smartphone or tablet. Here we’ve chosen an Android smartphone as an example. However, you can use the same procedure to delete your history on a tablet too.
- Open the Google app on your android smartphone/tablet.
- Tap on the three dots present on the top-right side of your screen.
- Select “History” in the drop-down menu.
- When the Chrome history appears, tap “Clear browsing data.”
- The following screen will appear on your smartphone. Choose the time range by pressing the Time Range icon.
- If you want to erase your entire search history, tap “Delete all time” in the drop-down menu.
- If you want to erase a particular time frame, you have the option to delete your history for the last hour, day, week, and month prior.
- If you want to delete a particular activity you want to hide, search for the activity and hit the cross beside it.
Clear Google Search History From Your Chrome Web Browser on iOS
Let’s now discuss how you can clear your Google search history from your Chrome web brownie on your iOS device.
- Open your Google Chrome Web browser.
- Tap at the three horizontal dots present at the bottom right of your mobile screen.
- In the sidebar that appears. Press “Search History.”
- When the tab appear, locate and tap on the “Delete” icon.
- Find and press the “Delete” button.
If you want to erase your entire search history, tap “Delete all time” in the drop-down menu. Select “Delete custom range” in the drop-down menu to delete your history for only a particular time frame. Choose “Delete today” to delete today’s history. Or, press Auto-delete to remove history from the beginning. Press “OK” to confirm the deletion.
Clear Google Search History From the Google Search App
Here’s how you can clear Google Search History from the Google Search app in easy steps.
- On you homescreen, tap on the Google Search bar.
- Press the “G” at the top left side of your screen.
- On the top-right corner, cick on your profile picture or initial of your name.
- Select “Search History.” If you want to delete just the previous 15 minutes, Tap “Delete last 15 minutes.”
However, if you want to delete more than that, proceed to the next step.
- Locate the Delete button and press it. A range of options will appear: Delete today, Delete custom range, Delete all time, and Auto delete.
You can choose your preference in auto-deletion: i.e., 3 months, 18 months, and 36 months.
- Confirm your Deletion by pressing “Confirm.”
Clear Individual Items
To clear individual items from your Google search history, you can follow these steps:
- Go to your Google Account page by clicking on the three vertical dots on the top-right corner of the Google search page. Tap “History” and then choose “History” again. Alternatively, you can press (Ctrl)+(H) and skip the mentioned steps.
- In the History, find the search that you want to remove and click on the box on the right side of the item.
- Click on “Delete” to remove the item from your search history.
You can repeat these steps to remove any individual items from your Google search history. If you want to clear your entire search history, you can click on “Delete activity by” in the “Activity and timeline” section and select the time range for which you want to delete your search history.
Set up Auto-Delete to Clear Google Search History
To set up auto-delete to clear Google Search history, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Open your Gogle Chrome Web browser and go to My Activity.
- Hit the “Auto-delete” option.
- Tap the icon that says “Auto-delete activity older than” and click on the drop-down menu.
- Choose the time range of your choice, i.e. 3 months, 18 months, and 36 months. Then, click “Next.”
- Press “ Next.”
So now that you know how to cler your Google search history from your device, you can take a breath of fresh (and safe) air. But not so fast because your ISP and the government is still onto you. For further security and privacy, get Obscured VPN now!
Safer Online with Obscured VPN
Everyday web activities often put your privacy and personal data at risk. Obscured VPN protects you from being tracked and keeps your data unreadable to attackers. Added benefits include the ability to assign your online location (IP address) to where you want rather than what it is. It’s better being online with Obscured VPN.Download Now